The theme for april is flowers, and this quilt is all about that.
I am currently hand quilting my Dresden plate quilt.
I used different fabric for all the petals. Most of them are 1930`s reproductions. It is 15 of them in the quilt, put in 3 rows with 5 in each row. The blocks is 14.5" finished.
I used EPP to make the flowers. Then appliqued them on the background, which is a unbleached cotton.
Used wool batting in it, and a neutral coloured backing.
Had a professional longarm quilter do the basting for me.
I am outlining the petals, and quilting the background with lines 3/4" apart.
I had a note in my mailbox today. The quilting stencils I ordered for use on border is waiting for me at the postoffice. The parcel being to big for the box.
It should finish at about 64" x 91".
Inspiration for the quilt is from a old issue of "Australian Patchwork and quilting" magazine.
I fell in love with the colours and hand quilting on it.
Started working on it about 3 years ago, had a problem finding the right pink colour for the small border and circels of the flowers. But got it at the end! There is still a lot of work to do on it, but it is a really fun quilt to work on.